Explaining & Promoting Music
We offer more than just concerts
Good music always speaks for itself, of course. There’s no need to waste a lot of words on it. But those who understand how music works and know its background will hear much more in it. Or will be able to perform it much better. That’s why we offer more than just concerts; we also provide information and tips to get you started. The musicians in the Munich Radio Orchestra pass on their knowledge and practical experience to young people and adults in many different ways. One of them is by promoting up-and-coming young musicians and budding professionals.
- Sunday concerts and Paradisi Gloria concerts are accompanied free of charge by introductory events.
- Our programme booklets contain solid introductions to the music, short biographies of the artists and usually the complete vocal texts in both the original language and German.
- Music theatre performances in the Sunday concerts and collaborations with the August Everding Theatre Academy are generally accompanied by surtitles above the stage.
Collaborations & Partnerships
- The Munich Radio Orchestra maintains a lot of collaborations and partnerships. Read more
- The Munich Radio Orchestra promotes up-and-coming young musicians by taking part in various competitions, including the ARD Music Competition and the Leopold Mozart International Violin Competition.